Location(s) and Position(s) Available: Alberta, Edmonton - 1 position(s) available
Providing expert, innovative environmental and engineering consulting services - without surprises - is what DST Consulting Engineers Inc. does best. We are a multi-disciplinary firm providing comprehensive services to clients across Canada.
DST’s nation-wide team is comprised of exceptional people in various stages of their career. We come together each day to make the unexpected happen. Growing our team means we are in pursuit of brilliant individuals who can rise to the challenge.
At DST, you are not just any employee and we are not looking for just anyone. DST Employees share common traits that enable them to thrive. They are: Results Driven, Inquisitive, Dynamic, Responsive & Zealous. You tell us, are you a good fit at DST?
If you are and you have the skills we need below, send us your CV.
We are currently seeking an Indoor Environmental Project Manager - Hazardous Materials to work out of our Edmonton, AB office. This is a 4 month - Full Time Contract.
About the Job
The Hazmat Specialist is responsible for leading and directing environmental projects, with a key focus on those related to Hazardous Materials. Primary responsibilities include:
· Coordinating projects in one or more of the following areas;
o Designated Substances/Hazardous Materials Surveys; and
o Hazardous Materials Tendering and Abatement Supervision;
· Coordinating projects in other areas of Environmental Consulting, as required;
· Coordinating, supervising and performing responsibilities;
· Generating and providing senior reviews of deliverable documentation such as technical reports, proposals and qualification packages;
· Managing and/or generating deliverable documentation of various projects including technical documents;
· Consistently executing prescribed technical procedures and work plans;
· Participating in project management meetings, office meetings, health and safety inspections;
· Actively marketing DST products and services to new and existing clients through business development initiatives including tradeshows;
· Maintaining a commitment to exceeding client expectations by consistently delivering high quality of work;
· Consistently maintaining professionalism and objectivity while working with colleagues and clients who require varying degrees of support;
· Handling difficult situations with tact and diplomacy to maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external contacts;
· Conducting project administration tasks as required, including timesheet generation and project invoicing.
• Undergraduate degree required;
• Minimum 5 years experience in a consulting environment;
• Experience providing senior reviews to proposals, specifications, case studies, technical and non-technical reports required;
• Experience is providing senior signing of deliverables;
• Solid understanding of provincial and federal regulatory requirements acquired through experience and education;
• Possession of valid driver’s license required; and
• Possession of or eligibility to obtain security clearance required.
• Strong organization and planning skills;
• Strong research and technical writing skills;
• Ability to present information concisely and clearly;
• Proficient with use of MS Office;
• Ability to effectively oversee contractors and subcontractors;
• Ability to understand and focus on new ideas and concepts to coherently communicate in writing;
• Strong listening and interpretation skills, ability to retain salient points and synthesize information on complex issues;
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
• Flexibility and adaptability to scheduling changes and occasional overtime, evening or weekend work;
• Ability to effectively and efficiently problem-solve and tackle new assignments;
• Able to handle multi-tasking and maintain focus in a busy work place; and
• Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
How to apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: Job #18-029ED
If you have a disability and require assistance or accommodation with your application, please contact Human Resources at 1-613-247-2409 or email email@example.com.
DST Consulting Engineers Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
It has come to our attention that individuals and organizations are advertising on behalf of DST Consulting Engineers Inc. DST does not employ the use of third party recruiters for employment opportunities. Please note that DST does not ever ask for money or payments from applicants at any point during the recruitment process. All candidates under consideration are required to go through the formal internal screening process.