Location(s) and Position(s) Available: Ontario, Ottawa - 1 position(s) available
DST Consulting Engineers Inc. has an immediate opening for a Finance Specialist in our Finance department our Ottawa office.
The candidate will report directly to the Corporate Controller. The candidate will be responsible for providing the following duties to the Finance Services, but not limited to:
· Develop, Document and Implement a Centralized Billing process;
· Coordinate with Operational staff in order to invoice clients in an accurate and timely fashion;
· Contact customers regarding overdue accounts and document reasons for non-payment;
· Issue credit hold notifications;
· Recommend bad debt write-offs;
· Maintain accurate records regarding customer payment status;
· Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services;
· Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures;
· Process backup reports that support data entry;
· Post Vendor Invoices to ERP system;
· Manage the weekly cheque run;
· Prepare vendor cheques for mailing;
· Prepare manual cheques as and when required;
· Comfortable using Excel to generate ad hoc reports;
· Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations; and
· Perform other related duties as required.
· 5+ years of overall Finance/Accounting experience;
· University or College Business degree/diploma preferred;
· Ability to present information in a concisely and clearly manner;
· Ability to understand and focus on new ideas and concepts and coherently communicate these through reports;
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
· Ability to effectively and efficiently problem-solve and tackle new assignments;
· Ability to handle multi-tasking and maintain focus in a busy work place;
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure;
· Excellent organizational and planning skills;
· Advance computer skills; and
· Must be detail oriented.
DST Consulting Engineers Inc. is a Canadian multi-disciplinary firm providing comprehensive design and construction services to clients across the country. DST employs a full complement of professional engineers, geoscientists, biologists, environmental scientists, geologists, and field and laboratory technicians who have the expertise and experience necessary to ensure all of your project requirements are handled seamlessly.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Human Resources via email email@example.com by February 23, 2018. Please quote job # 18-034 in the subject line of your email.
If you have a disability and require assistance or accommodation with your application please contact Human Resources at 1-613-247-2409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
It has come to our attention that individuals and organizations are advertising on behalf of DST Consulting Engineers Inc. DST does not employ the use of third party recruiters for employment opportunities. Please note that DST does not ever ask for money or payments from applicants at any point during the recruitment process. All candidates under consideration are required to go through the formal internal screening process.