Location(s) and Position(s) Available: Ontario, Ottawa - 1 position(s) available
Providing expert, innovative environmental and engineering consulting services - without surprises - is what DST Consulting Engineers Inc. does best. We are a multi-disciplinary firm providing comprehensive services to clients across Canada.
DST’s nation-wide team is comprised of exceptional people in various stages of their career. We come together each day to make the unexpected happen. Growing our team means we are in pursuit of brilliant individuals who can rise to the challenge.
We are currently seeking an Information Technology (IT) Manager to work out of our Ottawa, ON office.
As the IT Manager, you will be responsible for the operation of the information technology services to ensure alignment with Business and Organizational Objectives. You will initiate, integrate and manage a portfolio encompassing IT governance, architecture and project delivery, systems operations, systems/information security, and telecommunications services. You will work closely with decision makers in each business line to identify their technology needs. You will recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. These solutions will align with the IT Strategy developed in conjunction with the IT Governance Steering Committee that respond to evolving business needs, and adapts to changes in corporate and business environments.
The IT Manager will define and implement IT Policies, Procedures and Service Level Agreements, designed with measurable metrics to evaluate performance measurements against strategic and corporate objectives and best practices. As well as, develop long-term plans, prepare business cases for investment in systems, propose specific development projects, determine resource requirements, define economical management approaches.
Technical & Administrative Responsibilities:
· Strategic direction of IT Operations and Infrastructure
· Execution, communication and adherence to the IT Strategy
· Creation and maintenance of Configuration Management DB
· Identify, categorize and prioritize incidents and problems; develop solutions for problems
· Assist with prioritization and implementation of projects
· Provide overflow assistance to IT Support and manage escalations
· Management of IT staff, scheduling of After-hours support, end-user expectations, and vendors
· Create, monitor and provide performance metrics for equipment, SLA's, software, hardware
· Develop IT Training and development Plans for IT personnel
· Conduct periodic staff performance reviews per organizational policy
· Prioritize initiatives
· Monitor and review initiatives at regular Steering Committee meetings
· Review & Approval of Service Level Agreements, Policies and Procedures
· Update SLA's, policies, and procedures as emergent issues force changes to be considered
· Validate quality of deliverables
· Provide funding approval for projects as part of budgeting process
· Help to gain support for approved project initiatives across organization
Education and Experience:
How to apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: Job # 18-024(OT)
If you have a disability and require assistance or accommodation with your application, please contact Human Resources at 1-613-247-2409 or email email@example.com.
DST Consulting Engineers Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
It has come to our attention that individuals and organizations are advertising on behalf of DST Consulting Engineers Inc. DST does not employ the use of third party recruiters for employment opportunities. Please note that DST does not ever ask for money or payments from applicants at any point during the recruitment process. All candidates under consideration are required to go through the formal internal screening process.